Organizational Planning for Enhancing Cultural Competence in Mental Health Service Delivery
This course will lead participants through a process of developing an organizational cultural competence plan that is intended to help move organizations along the cultural competence continuum and strengthen their delivery of culturally and linguistically competent mental health services. Participants will use data collected in previous course assignments to identify organizational strengths and areas for improvement and to inform an action plan with specific, measurable, and attainable objectives.
- Review and identify organizational strengths and challenges as they pertain to the delivery of culturally and linguistically competent mental health services.
- Learn how to set priorities for change based on needs assessment data and the SMARTER (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, time-bound, ethical/empowering, and resourced) formula.
- Begin to draft an organizational cultural competence plan to address areas of identified weakness, thereby strengthening the organization’s capacity to provide culturally and linguistically competent mental health services.
All agency personnel. Required attendees include:
- Cultural Competence Committee (CCC) Chair (or equivalent)
- Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Director
- Executive Director/President/CEO
- 1-2 senior leadership members involved in creating and maintaining agency wide policies and procedures (supervisors, managers, directors).
Additional attendees may include other CCC members and front line staff (clinicians, case managers, support personnel, etc.)
Attendees for Course 5 should have also attended Course 1.